Mud represents the Earth element and provides for one of the most ancient forms of healing from hundreds of years. Naturopathy in India has been progressing and has come up with advanced treatments like Mud therapy to avoid various problems. Mud can absorb toxins from human body therefore is very useful in preventing many diseases. Its basic cooling and toning nature helps the human body in many ways.
Beauty Benefits of Mud Therapy
- There are many minerals present in the clay. These minerals are also helpful in getting the benefits of sunlight thus when applied on the skin it nourishes and gives a skin tone.
- It cleanses the skin by removing the dirt and infections.
- It increases the blood circulation and improves the skin tone.
- It prevents from skin diseases also.
- It controls the oil secretion and prevents pimple formation.
- It improves blood circulation
- This pack is applied on the knee for knee problem also it helps to reduce the pain.
Mud Pack for Face and Entire Body
- There are many varieties of sands available out of which the benefits differ accordingly. Clay is the best source for nourishing the skin and it treats many skin problems.
- Acne and Pimples – Soft mud like Multani mitti which is thoroughly cleansed, may be made into a paste and used for local application on the face to get rid of pimples and also imparting natural radiance to the face.
- Skin Disorder – Skin infection like eczema may be relieved by local application of mud. This is because mud has a natural tendency of anti – toxic and cooling. Naturopathy suggests mud-bathing i.e. bathing while scrubbing the skin along with mud instead of soap.
- Remedy for Skin – Mud therapy is wonderful natural assistance for the skin. This is because the application of mud onto the skin has soothing and calming effect on the skin and it also improves the blood circulation.
Mud Pack for Eyes
As Mud has a natural tendency of cooling, applying mud pack on Eyes make your eyes feel relaxed and cool. Mud packs applied to the eyes relaxes the eye muscles and is believed to be beneficial for the eye vision enhancement.
If you want to apply the pack on eyelid then place a white cloth above the eyelid and then apply the pack above it and allow it to dry.
Mudpack for Head
Mud therapy is also an asset for headache, especially associated with hot and humid external environment. The mud pack is advised to be applied to the forehead (or the complete head region if need be). This would help both in relieving the headache and the underlying cause of excessive heat and makes the mind relaxed.
A head mud pack is normally a thick narrow band. It is applied over the forehead and helps to heal congestive headache relieves pain immediately.
Mudpack for Abdomen
Mud pack applied onto the lower abdomen helps to improve the digestion. This practice proves to be effective in decreasing intestinal heat and at the same time stimulates peristalsis movement of the intestines. In case of abdominal gas or stomach ache, mud packs are advised to be put on the abdomen for relief.
The mud pack should be applied for 20-30 minutes. The body and the mud pack should be covered with blanket, if applied during the cold weather.
Mud also has an anti-aging effect. This is because of the property of mud that helps in increasing rapidly the process of blood circulation as well its natural ability helps to regenerate the skin. It is believed that the mud exfoliates as well as tones up the skin tissues.
For Stress Relief
Mud therapy is soothing, relaxing and calming, and therefore a natural remedy for stress. It is highly beneficial in eliminating both the physical as well as mental stress and strain. Holistic physicians therefore many a times prescribe mud therapy in case of nervous disorders.
Homemade Mud Pack
- 1 teaspoon multani powder + 1/2 teaspoon sandal powder + kasturi manjal+basin powder+paneer water can be mixed together and applied on the face.
- For dry skin little badam oil can be mixed with above paste and applied on the face. This will help in skin glow and anti- aging.
Mud applications are the part of natural beauty treatment. Frequent application of mud bath helps in improving the complexion of the skin by getting rid of spots and patches, which appear in various skin disorders and after chicken and smallpox.